The town of Carmel is on the south border of Putnam County.
There are no incorporated villages in the town, although the hamlets of Carmel and Mahopac each have populations sizable enough to be thought of as villages.
Dating id message new ny york bingo 22 dating
It contains a large number of students (1,000+), and contains grades 5-8. Constructed in 1929, Carmel High School, which serves 1,843 students, is located on Fair Street across the street from the post office in the heart of town.
The school had three extensions,one in 1936 with money from the New Deal, one in 1969, and another in 1980.
A fourth extension has been finished being built and was completed during the summer of 2007, the new wing fully opened in September 2007.
A new Putnam County Courthouse was completed in early 2008, located nearby on Gleneida Avenue. The Carmel Town Hall is located at 60 Mc Alpin Avenue in Mahopac, New York.
Primary law enforcement services in Carmel are provided by the Carmel Police Department.
George Fischer Middle School is Carmel's primary Middle School.
Built in 1963, it was named after the architect, George Fischer.
A statue memorializing the female Paul Revere sits alongside Lake Gleneida Carmel was established by splitting from the town of Frederickstown in 1795.
Patterson also split from Frederickstown the same year, and the remnant of Frederickstown became known as Kent. In 1861, a small part of Carmel was taken to be added to the town of Putnam Valley. It is the second oldest working courthouse in New York State.